Dr Nimrod Smit | General Practitioner
Dr Nimrod Smit originally hails from Pretoria, South Africa, where he completed his medical degree. Dr Smit then spent a year in the South African Air Force in aviation medicine. After working in a group general practice, Dr Smit successfully started his own practice before immigrating to Adelaide, Australia. Here Dr Smit continued training in cosmetic fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
Dr Smit completed his Fellowship of the Royal College of General Practitioners in 2010 and became an Australian citizen in 2011. In 2012, he moved to Brisbane and in 2015 made the great choice to move to the Gold Coast where he practiced in Robina for four years. During this time Dr Smit also completed the Australasian Certification in Anti-Ageing Medicine.
In his spare time (what little there is), Dr Smit enjoys running and weight training. But when it’s finally time to put the feet up, Dr Smit unwinds with a good book, any sci-fi movies or television series, as well as any documentaries concerning health and life sciences, astronomy and technology.
Byndie Warrick | Nurse Practitioner
Work in advanced & extended health care diagnosing & managing patients. Working autonomously & collaboratively with the medical team providing holistic patient centred care.
Byndie has worked as a Nurse Practitioner for 16 years training with doctors for 6 years. Specialising in primary & emergency medicine, rural, remote Aboriginal health, Disaster Management Ebola crisis in Africa & Volunteer healthcare in Cambodia.
Masters of Nurse Practitioner Primary & Emergency, Advanced Diplomas Naturopathy, Herbal & Nutritional Medicine, Certificates in Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Yoga, Hypnotherapy, Reiki Master & Member of American Academy of Anti-Ageing Medicine.
Wednesday & Friday from 9am to 6pm
Appointment by calling the clinic or anytime via HotDoc
- Diagnose & manage acute & chronic illness & injury
- Provides urgent & emergency care
- Referral to allied health e.g. physiotherapists & psychologists, medical specialists & hospital
- Orders & interprets pathology, x-rays, ultrasounds
- Minor procedure e.g. suturing & plastering
- Advanced wound care management
- Prescribes medicines, vitamins, herbals & supplements
- Provides medical certificates, work cover
- Health assessments & chronic disease plans
- General Medicine – acute & chronic illness & injury
- Women’s Health – peri-menopause, menopause, breast checks, menstrual & hormonal Issues, STIs, contraceptives
- Men’s Health – Prostate/Bladder problems, STIs, erectile dysfunction/impotence
- Anxiety, Depression and Mental Health
- Aboriginal/TSI Health
- Sports medicine – injury management, nutritional medicine, stress management
- Functional & Environmental Medicine – western medicine & complimentary therapies
- Naturopathy, Herbal & Nutritional Medicine
- Digestive problems like IBS, gut health, allergies & sensitivities, microbiome
- Counselling & lifestyle e.g. weight & stress management
- Pain management – CBD oil, herbal support, stress management
Lana Opris | Practice Manager
Lana recently made the move from Melbourne to the sunny Gold Coast with her husband and two children. Prior to relocating, Lana worked as a practice manager, overseeing the day-to-day practice operations of a busy medical centre in Melbourne.
Lana brings 15 years’ experience in administration, working as a receptionist for eight years, and seven years as practice manager. Her knowledge and experience in all aspects of running a successful medical centre are great assets to the Vitality Medical Centre.
In her spare time, Lana loves a stroll on the beach, enjoys a good book and spending time with her family.
Jacinta | Nursing Support
Emily | Administration Support